Pages

Saturday 6 August 2011

Out in the Garden ...........


The first rose that I bought was Cardinal Hume - it's perfume is so old fashioned - when I smell it I think of Anne Boleyn!  I don't know why - I just do!  Strange I know.


Most mornings I have a little wander around my garden - and it really is a little wander, because the garden is little - and this morning I couldn't take my eyes off of the roses.  They are on their second flush of flowers and not many out at the moment but plenty of buds promising more to come.



I can't remember the name of this rose - it has no perfume to speak of and lasts only one or two days (depending on the weather) - but it is so beautiful that it deserves a place in any garden.


I think we have rain coming this weekend - and I was hoping to cut the grass - oh well ....... there's always next week.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Magnolia Verandah, that's very kind. I'm looking forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete